Whether for a hiking tour or for trekking and cycling - comfortable outdoor pants make the fun in nature perfect. These pants are ideal for outdoor activities, because the elastic materials make every movement and keep the legs warm and dry. On top of that, these outdoor clothes are in many cases windproof, waterproof or water-repellent and dry quickly. Many models score points not only for freedom of movement, but also for the breathability of the membrane, so that you sweat less. In our range you will find different types of outdoor pants: hiking pants, thermal pants, rain pants or even softshell pants and trekking pants - a wide selection of top brands like Forsberg, Pfanner, FHB, Carhartt and many more is waiting for you! With these models for men and women, nothing stands in the way of a spontaneous outing thanks to the numerous areas of application.
Trekking pants - ideal for hiking
For hiking, trekking pants made of materials such as cotton blend or functional fabrics are ideal. Cotton offers particularly high comfort and is pleasant to wear. Polyamide and polyester fabrics, on the other hand, are extra light and offer plenty of freedom of movement. A blended fabric with a unique membrane ensures that outdoor pants are, for example, windproof, water-repellent and breathable at the same time. Many trekking pants are sturdier than regular lightweight hiking pants and can even come with UV protection. Since weather changes happen quickly on extended hiking trips, many trekking pants have detachable legs. So you can make a long pants in no time to a short or vice versa. Sturdy zippers help with this. In the pockets of the pants you can store everything you want to carry.
Softshell pants - for extra freedom of movement
Softshell pants make every movement and have a fit that is second to none. Synthetic fibers such as polyamide and polyester or elastane provide extra elasticity. The fit is supported by pre-shaped knees and the waistband of the pants. Softshell pants are suitable for particularly strenuous activities that involve a lot of movement. So that you feel comfortable during this time, the pants must be primarily breathable and reliably wick sweat away to the outside. Some models are warmer and focus on wind protection or stability of the material. Many softshell pants are even water-repellent and are therefore suitable for climbing or mountain biking.
Outdoor pants for autumn
In autumn it slowly gets cooler and outdoor pants face different challenges than in summer. Now it is important to keep moisture away from the outside. The water-repellent membrane of long hardshell pants or rain pants comes in handy here. Nevertheless, these outdoor pants can wick moisture to the outside, so you can sweat less quickly.
Alternatively, you can also rely on light rain pants to pull over. This form of outdoor pants are ideal for cycling or on long hiking tours the best friend in your luggage. They are particularly easy to store, as they take up very little space.
Thermal pants for winter
In winter, skiing or snowshoeing lures you outside the door. But a sleigh ride also has its charm. To brave the icy temperatures, thermal pants are ideal. These outdoor pants have particularly good thermal insulation and are lined with fleece or wool on the inside. Nevertheless, thermal pants are very light and tire the wearer less quickly than other winter pants.
What makes outdoor pants special
Sometimes it comes down to the details that make outdoor pants something special. These extras make the outdoor pants equally interesting for men and women. We give below an overview of particularly informative details:
- Suspenders prevent the pants from slipping. This is very useful especially for thermal pants
- Pockets help various things such as the hiking map or a pocket knife.
- Membranes that block UV rays and do not let insect bites through
- Vents for more breathability: Some pants have zippers that can be opened as needed. This provides additional ventilation under the pants and is very comfortable in particularly high temperatures.
- Adjustable trouser legs with a Velcro or elastic make the pants tighter at the bottom. This is especially useful for cyclists, because the pants can no longer get tangled in the pedal.
- Reflectors are an important safety feature in the dark and at dusk and help other road users see walkers.
Correct care for outdoor pants - this is how it works
The high-quality fabrics make most pants very easy to care for. To maintain the high functionality of the outdoor pants, proper care is crucial. Especially heavily sweaty pants should be washed soon, because the salts of human sweat can clog the pores of the membrane. Here are our tips that you should also take to heart for other outdoor clothing:
- remove coarse dirt with a coarse cloth
- close all zippers before washing
- turn the pants inside out before washing
- wash the outdoor pants at 30 ° C to loosen heavier soiling
- use a gentle detergent
- do not use fabric softeners, which could damage the membrane
- do not put the pants in the dryer
- dry outdoor pants best on the line
- renew the impregnation regularly after three to four washes
Further care instructions for the respective model shows the label.